Butte School District
THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
COVID-19 Emergency Policies
The board of trustees and its staff are operating under unusual, even unprecedented circumstances by virtue of the declaration of a statewide emergency by the Governor and the executive orders related to school closure to address concerns from the COVID-19 Virus. As part of its own concurrent declaration of an unforeseen emergency (community disaster), the board of trustees has found it necessary to adopt temporary policies related to emergency school closure. To ensure clarity and transparency, the board has organized all emergency school closure policies into a temporary chapter. The board has also included this introductory section as a heading for each policy to ensure understanding of the purpose and duration of each policy adopted pursuant to this chapter.
Purpose(s) of Policies
- Addressing barriers to learning presented by distance.
- Improvement of instruction in offsite setting during school closure.
- Ensuring equity in services provided, including special education for exceptional children pursuant to Title 20, Chapter 7, Part 4.
- Mitigation of digital divides that could otherwise create barriers to effective learning.
- Ensuring adequate nutrition for students relying on the district’s nutrition programs.
- Ensuring continuity of employment of school district staff and/or continuity of services provided by contract transportation providers.
- Ensuring accountability to families with children.
Term of COVID-19 Emergency Measures Policies
The term of School District Policies Numbered 1900-1999 shall run concurrent with any emergency related to COVID-19 declared by the President, Congress, Montana Legislature, Governor, Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services, county health department or the board of trustees. This policy shall terminate, unless further extended, on the date upon which all emergency declarations related to COVID-19 that apply to the district have lawfully expired or have been dissolved.
- 1900 COVID-19 Emergency Policies
- 1901 - COVID-19 Emergency Measures - Emergency Policy and Procedures
- 1902 - COVID-19 Emergency Measures
- 1905 - COVID-19 Emergency Measures, Student, Staff, and Community Health and Safety
- 1905P - COVID-19 Emergency Measures, Administrative Procedures for Student, Staff, and Community Health and Safety
- 1906 - COVID-19 Emergency Measures - Student Instructions and Services
- 1906P - COVID-19 Student Instruction Resources and Best Practices
- 1907 - COVID-19 School District Declaration of Emergency
- 1910 - COVID-19 Emergency Measures - Personnel Use of Leave
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.