Butte School District
THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
COVID-19 Emergency Measures
This policy is adopted as a temporary policy in accordance with the framework set by District Policy 1900 – Temporary COVID-19 Policies and is intended to govern School District operations for the period affected by the COVID-19 health and safety measures implemented by the School District in response to federal, state or local authorities.
Teachers will grade students in accordance with established classroom or course practices using the established grading practices developed by the District during this period affected by COVID-19 health and safety measures implemented by the Butte School District in response to federal, state, or local authorities.
Parents/students will not receive an official progress report for the 5th grading term however, parents can access the parent portal to view their child’s progress during this period affected by COVID19. All grades earned during this period affected by COVID-19 will be included in the final grades for grading period 6 and second semester.
The School District will include a designation on the students' transcripts indicating the extraordinary circumstances for any grading period affected by COVID-19 health and safety measures implemented by the Butte School District in response to federal, state, or local authorities.
K-6- Students will receive P/F for all content areas.
Grades 7-12- Students will continue to receive traditional grades and individual assignments will be graded using a point system that has been established for the middle school and high school.
For each course, students are given the opportunity to increase grades which will be reported on their final grading periods, however, these grades cannot go below what has been reported on the 4th grading term.
- 1900 COVID-19 Emergency Policies
- 1901 - COVID-19 Emergency Measures - Emergency Policy and Procedures
- 1902 - COVID-19 Emergency Measures
- 1905 - COVID-19 Emergency Measures, Student, Staff, and Community Health and Safety
- 1905P - COVID-19 Emergency Measures, Administrative Procedures for Student, Staff, and Community Health and Safety
- 1906 - COVID-19 Emergency Measures - Student Instructions and Services
- 1906P - COVID-19 Student Instruction Resources and Best Practices
- 1907 - COVID-19 School District Declaration of Emergency
- 1910 - COVID-19 Emergency Measures - Personnel Use of Leave
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.