Butte School District
THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
COVID-19 Emergency Measures
Applicability of Emergency Policy Series
During a state of emergency declared by the Board of Trustees or other local, state or federal agency, official, or legislative body, the provisions in the emergency policies adopted by the Board of Trustees as codified at 1900-1999 in the district policy manual will govern in the event of any conflict or inconsistency between an emergency policy and other provision in the district policy manual. All other aspects of the district policy manual not affected by the provisions in the emergency policy series continue to be in full effect.
In the absence of a legal reference on an emergency policy adopted by the Board of Trustees, the policy is specifically based on the Board of Trustees authority to supervise and control the schools within the District in accordance with Article X, section 8 of the Montana Constitution.
Adoption and Amendment of Policies
New or revised policies that are required or have required language changes based on State or Federal law or directive, required by administrative rule, or are required due to a declaration of emergency issued by the Board of Trustees or other state or federal agency official or legislative body may be adopted after the first (1st) reading if notice has been given through the board agenda provided to the trustees and public. All new or amended policies adopted as part of the emergency policy series shall become effective immediately upon adoption; unless a specific effective date is stated in the motion for adoption.
Suspension of Policies
Under circumstances that require waiver of a policy, the policy may be suspended by a majority vote of the trustees present. To suspend a policy, however, all trustees must have received written notice of the meeting, which includes the proposal to suspend a policy and an explanation of the purpose of such proposed suspension.
The Superintendent shall develop such administrative procedures as are necessary to ensure consistent implementation of policies adopted by the Board of Trustees.
- 1900 COVID-19 Emergency Policies
- 1901 - COVID-19 Emergency Measures - Emergency Policy and Procedures
- 1902 - COVID-19 Emergency Measures
- 1905 - COVID-19 Emergency Measures, Student, Staff, and Community Health and Safety
- 1905P - COVID-19 Emergency Measures, Administrative Procedures for Student, Staff, and Community Health and Safety
- 1906 - COVID-19 Emergency Measures - Student Instructions and Services
- 1906P - COVID-19 Student Instruction Resources and Best Practices
- 1907 - COVID-19 School District Declaration of Emergency
- 1910 - COVID-19 Emergency Measures - Personnel Use of Leave
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.