Registration Current BSD Students and Families


You have indicated that you currently have students enrolled in Butte School District k-12.

Before beginning your registration, please read the paragraphs below to review requirements.

  • Families with currently enrolled studentsNO REGISTRATIONS FOR THE 24-25 SCHOOL YEAR WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL 8:00 A.M. ON FEBRUARY 20, 2023. Registration for the 2024-2025 school year will be online through the Infinite Campus parent portal.  All families with students currently enrolled in Butte School District should have a parent portal account. If you do not have a parent portal account or you need help with your account please email prior to Tuesday, February 20, 2024.  
  • Parent Portal Information can only be given to parent/guardians.  Registration opens Monday, February 20th at 8:00 a.m.  When you log into your portal you will see "More" as a choice on the left side index.  Select More and the online registration button will appear in the center of the page.  Please use the link to complete the online registration and verify and update your student’s information.  **If you are an existing family and have a new student to add, please use the "Add Student" button on the student tab to add your new student.**  (A separate application is not necessary.)
  • To access your Parent Portal and begin registration, Click HERE,  Please note Online Registration works best from a computer.  It is not completely compatible on your smart phone.

Who can register a student?

Enrolling a student in Butte Public Schools must be done by a custodial parent who lives within the district boundaries.  A new student cannot be registered by a parent or other relative who does not have legal custody of the child.

What to bring to the School:

  • Proof of Residence   (NEW THIS YEAR  Document can be uploaded in the Online registration)
  • Photo ID (Drivers License)
  • Original or official birth certificate written in English    (NEW THIS YEAR  Document can be uploaded in the Online registration)
    • Proof of Residency (see below)  (NEW THIS YEAR  Document can be uploaded in the Online registration)
  • Custody papers (if applicable)
  • Immunization records   (NEW THIS YEAR  Document can be uploaded in the Online registration)
  • Required Immunizations:   (NEW THIS YEAR  Document can be uploaded in the Online registration)
    • Polio: 3 doses and at least 1 does after the 4th birthday.
    • DTP/DT/DtaP/Td: 4 doses and one dose must be given after the 4th birthday.
    • Tdap/booster: 1 dose (Prior to entering the 7th grade a pupil must receive a dose of Tdap containing vaccine. This Schedule applies to pupils who have completed the prior 4 doses listed above.)
    • MMR: Dose 1 on or after the first birthday and dose 2 prior to kindergarten entry. A pupil entering any grade from 7 to 12 who has not already received the 2 required doses at kindergarten age must receive the second dose.
    • Varicella: 2 doses prior to entering kindergarten.

The vaccines are available from your private health care provider or the Butte Silver Bow Health Department on an appointment only basis. Contact 406-497-5026

If a child has not completed the minimum vaccination series required by Montana Law, a Conditional Attendance Form, No. HES 103-1B should be completed and attached to the Blue immunization Form (HES-101). If the pupil received at least one or more doses of the required vaccine, he/she can conditionally attend until the next dose is due. In order to remain in school the student must continue to receive all remaining doses as specified on the conditional form. If the student fails to complete the immunizations within the time period indicated, he/she must either qualify for or claim an exemption or be excluded immediately from school by the school administrator or the person designee.

The school nurses ask that parents of 5th and 6th graders update their child's immunizations with a Tdap and MMR and have the documentation brought to, mailed, or faxed to your child's present school building.

Proof of Residency

A copy of a current utility bill or driver's license showing name and address must be provided to the school or uploaded in the online registration.  

Medical Exemptions

Parents need to have the back of the blue immunization form (HES 101) completed, and signed by a physican licensed to practice medicine in the United States or Canada, (MD or DO) specifying the reason and duration of the medical exemption.

Religious Exemptions

If immunizations are contrary to the religious beliefs of the parent or guardian a claim of exemption on religioius grounds must be notarized each year on an affadavit provided by the Department of Public Health and Human Services.

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.